We hope you enjoy the water amenities at the City of Miramar. We have a dedicated, highly trained lifeguard staff that routinely receives recognition from the American Red Cross. Please help us keep our pools and water parks a safe place for all by following these important tips:
- Teach children water safety and swimming skills as early as possible – check out our year-round Learn to Swim program.
- Always brief babysitters on water safety, emphasizing the need for constant supervision.
- Appoint a "designated watcher" to monitor children during social gatherings at or near pools.
- Maintain constant visual contact with children in a pool or pool area.
- Don't think you'll hear a child who's in trouble in the water; child drowning is a silent death, with no splashing to alert anyone that the child is in trouble.
- Post CPR instructions and learn the procedures.
- Don't use flotation devices as a substitute for supervisors.
Note: These safety tips are brought to you by SWIM Central, who in partnership with the Broward County School Board and Children's Services Council of Broward County (CSC), provides programs for the recruitment, training, and certification of swim instructors, along with basic first aid and CPR instruction for parents and guardians. The CSC also provides coupons to offset the cost of swimming lessons for children ages 6 months through 7 years. Visit Water Smart Broward for more information and a coupon.